Pages

5.23.2010

Fly Like an Eagle


Nick, my very youngest of four brothers, got an incredible award.  Really, he earned it.  Nick was promoted from a Boy Scout to an Eagle Scout this past weekend.
I have never been to an Eagle Scout ceremony before, but it was awesome.  I have a new-found respect for all things Eagle!  Even waiting EIGHT HOURS in the Charlotte airport, having to rebook a cancelled flight, recheck my luggage, and go back through security with a twenty-one-month-old was totally worth it. (I'm not bitter or anything!)  
It was fun having one-on-one time with my little chicken nugget.  She was quite the trooper on the plane ride to Philadelphia.  During the Eagle Scout ceremony, we did have to sit in the back of the church, but that's because Mary Claire wanted to talk the whole time.
The trip was also worth it (did I mention MC puked when we finally got to my mom's at 2:30 AM?!) because we got to see lots of family.  One day when I have about three hours to spare, I will draw up a family tree to post on the blog.  Really, my family is that confusing!
MC & Uncle Greg...my oldest brother (6 years younger than me)
The MC & my cousin Stephanie (she has two boys AND a set of twins...sure looks good!!)
Jingjing...
...and Jingjing's new ring!!
I wish I had taken a better picture of the ring.  It's awesome...gold band with wheat filigree and a low-set diamond.  Just beautiful, just like Jingjing!
Since our airport experience on the way to PA was so miserable, Mom let us ride around in style when we got there!
Mom's midlife crisis new car
No worries, Robbie...MC is not ready for a red convertible!
Whew.  As always, our trip to Yardley was a fun one.  Mom makes sure that we stay busy the whole time, and it's so nice to be spoiled by everyone!  
Next up for Nick...high school graduation, then on to Pitt!  I am so proud of you, Nick!  (And by the way, I better see that board that I we made displayed prominently in your dorm room!!)

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik