Pages

11.03.2011

Fall Fun

For Halloween this year, we went to a Fall Festival at the church where Mary Claire goes to Mother's Day Out.  I love going to festivals, because we don't have to worry with anything scary or evil.  (And if anyone knows Ellie, you know that this would be awful!!)
The girls and boy were super-cute in their costumes.  There's just something about a little chickie in a costume that is precious!
Instead of being OCD Mom this year, I let the girls choose what they wanted to be.  Usually I like to have some sort of theme with their costumes, but having a third baby makes thoughts of going all-out with costumes disappear!  And guess what?!  They were still cute!!
Mary Claire was Super Girl (or 'guhl,' as she says!)
Ellie was Madeline
Robbie was Super Daddy for pulling the kids in the wagon
Me?  I was a Happy Mama because I didn't stress over my kids' costumes! :)
The day of Halloween, I went to Ellie's school to do stations with the kids.  I LOVE going to Ellie's classroom.  Her teacher is wonderfully sweet, the kids are so polite, and I miss teaching this year!  Here's what we did:
Made skeleton hands with popcorn, candy corn, and food service gloves.  We fancied them up with spider rings!
Decorated cauldrons that I got from The Dollar Tree and put their names on.  The kids needed something fun to put their goodies in!
Made witches' hats with Fudge Stripe cookies, Hershey's Kisses, and frosting.  (Not sure why, but I don't have pictures of these!)
Then we enjoyed a witchy snack...
Ellie's Sweet Class
So, that's what we've been up to to celebrate fall.  We never got around to decorating pumpkins, but thankfully the girls never asked!  I'm enjoying the leaves changing and the cooler weather.  Robbie is enjoying football season and not melting during the games!  And Robert loves the fall because he loves anytime of year when it's cool enough to snuggle (i.e. be held constantly!).








3 comments:

JJ said...

cute!! I love Ellie's Madeline costume! PRecious family :)

Laura Gail said...

Love the picture of the 3 of you. I want to see that sweet Robert! I wish my baby was a cuddler - maybe this next one will be. :)

Shelley said...

I went to college with Ellie's teacher! Super sweet, Amy! Tell her Shelley Sager (maiden name)said hello!! :)

 
Images by Freepik