Pages

10.08.2012

Blogger Blahs

I got the 'update your blog!' text from my dad this morning. There are a few reasons I haven't updated lately:
1.) life is busy with three kids. Sitting at the computer for any length of time is not really possible!
2.) I haven't taken tons of pictures in the past couple of weeks, and that's what my family (aka the only people who look at the blog!) want to really see!
3.) lately all I want to do is complain.  I do not want my blog to be a place to unload all of my negative thoughts.
4.) on the same note, I want my blog to be real. I'm having a hard time finding a happy medium.
5.) cheerleading!  I have a love/hate relationship with it, as does the El.  She doesn't want to practice at home, so when she gets to the half-time dance, it's not her best performance.  During the games, she is having fun, but not giving it her all.  I struggled with the fine line of letting her just have fun and not worrying, but her never getting any better and being that parent who is way too critical.  I finally had a talk with Ellie about cheering, and she is paying better attention to her coaches as well as putting more effort into her moves.
I heard about a cheer clinic the high school was having for younger cheerleaders, so I signed Ellie up for it hoping it would push her a little bit.  Friday after school she went to the clinic until it was time for the high school's Friday night football game.  The girls all walked to the game, and between the first and second quarter showed us their new moves.  Ellis LOVED it!  I think seeing the older cheerleaders gave her a better appreciation for what she's doing, plus showed her that it does take practice and hard work.  (Oh sweet girl, what a life lesson...)
Enough words, here are some recent pictures.

My sweet dad and stepmom came recently to watch the kids so I could shop at Kids Market and Robbie and Ellie could go to the Auburn game.  Robert and MC had the.  best.  time!!  Mexican for dinner Friday night, then Firebirds for lunch on Saturday.  Yes, please!
Can you tell it's Fall?  Every picture I have of my kids lately they have on something Auburn, Bucs, orange, blue, or black!  
Have a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

BrandyC said...

I never take pictures anymore either! All of our recent pictures are on my phone. And yep...my family is in crimson and white in almost every picture this fall. Oh, football season in the south. :)

 
Images by Freepik