Pages

8.08.2009

To Statesboro We Go...

After our fun week at the beach, the girls and I got right back in the car to go visit family in Statesboro, Georgia. Mom wanted to go see her sister that recently moved there. See, Mom is one of twelve, so the chances of one of her brothers or sisters being within a six hour radius from anywhere you are in the US are pretty good! Case in point, the baby Teresa, her husband, and their three boys.
The six hour drive was made extremely easy because of the DVD player attached to the headrest of the driver's seat! (Well, okay, and the fact that MOM was in the car with me!!)
Once we got to Teresa's house, it was non-stop decorating for me, and non-stop playing for the El. Since Teresa and her family just moved into their house, it needed a little bit of decorating love to make it feel more 'homey.' It wasn't hard because the house is beautiful. (My family would fit quite nicely in it...not to mention my furniture!) My jobs were to decorate the mantel, help find spots for pictures, and hang up Fatheads in the boys' rooms. I am proud to say that I am a Fathead pro now, so when we have a boy, I will be ready to slap that big AU logo right on his wall! (No, Robbie, you are NOT getting a Fathead for the office!)
And speaking of boys, Ellie loves them. She would not leave the two youngest boys alone! She even made Alex, the eleven-year-old, hold her hand everywhere we went (and let me tell you, in three days we went LOTS of places...really, I think we hit up almost every store in Statesboro!). He was such a good sport! And Jake (he's seven), introduced Ellie to JuicePops. I was a little sad to leave the permanent playmates!
Mary Claire had fun, too. I'm not sure that her little buns ever touched the floor, because Aunt Teresa or Grandmother had their hands on her the ENTIRE visit! They also let her prop her feet up on the table while she was eating, so she thought she was hot stuff!
We are super-excited that the DiCesare Family is within driving distance! And, I know that I can do the drive alone, because I had to make the trek back to Birmingham by myself (Mom went back to PA from Teresa's). Thanks for such a fun time! Love you all!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik