Pages

4.24.2010

Treasures


The theme for Ellie's ballet performance this year was 'Treasure Seekers.'  Where Ellie takes ballet, they teach the girls about dancing, but about Jesus, too.  The beginning of the performance started with the girls singing 'All in All.'  "You are my strength when I am weak, you are the treasure that I seek..."
Each of the classes had costumes that had to do with the sea.  The girls in Ellie's class were angelfish.
And sweet Mary Claire, she was an angel, too.  Especially since I fed her junk snacks during the entire performance to keep her quiet.  The plan was to feed her cookies and have a back-up bag of Easter candy I grabbed before we left home.  Unfortunately the great MC found that bag about five minutes into the performance, and proceeded to eat four Starburst, a small bag of M&Ms, and some cookies.  Oh well...she was quiet!
I think the sugar caught up with her after the dancing was done...

It was okay, though, because Nana, Papa, Grandmama, and Granddaddy were there to help!



Writing this post has made me think of all of my treasures.  The verse that keeps running through my head is: Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where rust and moth do not destroy.  Matthew 6:20
My most precious treasure?

2 comments:

JJ said...

I wish I could've seen her! I know it was so much fun!

Stephanie Drew said...

yay!!! she looks beautiful!

 
Images by Freepik