Pages

4.01.2013

New!

This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
• 2 Corinthians 5:17 •
Every year I tell our kids that the whole reason we celebrate this special day is that Jesus took everything old (our sins, our failures, our doubts, our faith) and made a clean slate!

I think for this particular post I'll go one Little Latham at a time...
Ellie (or Ellis as some people at school still call her...love it!) is Jennifer Junior.  Just like I do, she worries about everything, loves everyone around her, and lives in her own little Ellie Land.  I love that she will wear anything I want her to, and is not at all concerned with appearances.  As she gets older, we see Ellie becoming more of her own person (not always agreeing with us, wanting 'alone time,' thinking everything should go her way), but that's okay.  We know that God is forming her in His own way and instead of squelching it, we have to listen to Him to give us direction on how to mold this precious girl!
Mary Claire is spunky.  She will not wear buttons (STILL...I've even asked if she had some kind of traumatic button experience, but got nothing) and wants to pick out her own outfit.  And I let her.  She loves school and loves her friends.  MC had her first playdate with her 'bff' from school, Audrey, and it was the best thing ever.  All I had to do was feed them a snack and clean up the playroom once Audrey left.  No intervening, no drama.  Perfect!
Robert is a mess.  But a loving little mess.  If the world around him is not going exactly his way, Robert can pitch a nice fit.  He loves to throw himself on the ground (in very cautiously, of course...he would never want to hurt himself!) and scream loudly.  Being in the stroller or being held are not his two favorite things.  He wants to be running freely everywhere!
With three Little Lathams, sometimes my days can be a handful!  I'm extremely thankful that Robbie works while I stay home with my chickies.  Honestly, though, there are times when I would love to put makeup on my freshly showered face, blow-dry my clean hair, and wear an ironed outfit with shoes other than Toms or tennies!  That's what church days are for, right?!
Hope you all had a fabulous, peaceful, blessings-filled Easter!

1 comment:

Woodrich Family said...

Make-up? Shower? Ironing? Those are definitely things reserved for Sundays at our house. So thankful for the Sabbath!!

 
Images by Freepik