Pages

1.12.2014

The Magic Continues...

Day Four || Magic Kingdom/Belle's Castle
The last three days were great,  but this was the day I couldn't wait for.  Everything about the Magic Kingdom is my favorite.  And Cinderella's Castle.  I mean really.  It's incredible.
Each morning we were in Disney, the kids woke up to a small treat to start the day.  (Yes, I had an entire suitcase dedicated to Disney treats.)  For our Magic Kingdom day, the girls got autograph books and picked out their own pens in the gift shop.  They were ready for characters!!
First up was Mary Poppins.  The girls walked right up to her, asked her to sign their books, then promptly posed for a picture!
Immediately after our Mary Poppins visit, we got Fast Passes to meet Mickey about an hour later.  Perfect!  We stayed in the front of the park to pick up mouse ears for Robert while we were waiting.
Thankfully Robert loved the actual Mouse much more than his mouse ears!
Mickey Love!
So here's where the day got fun.  Not really.  The sky fell out, and we got rained on for the rest of the day.  Robbie and the kids did a much better of sucking it up than I did!!

At this moment, on the tea cups, I was okay.  We were drenched and our ponchos were horrible, but everything was still magical.
 So proud of my girls!!
 Here's the part of the day when I was ready to leave.  We were in line waiting to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride, and the rain was ridiculous.  But I knew that I had to deal with it because we had reservations that night to eat at Belle's Castle.
 See the disgust?!
Even after the ride and a grumpy mama, the girls were still all smiles!
Dinner at Belle's Castle was SO GOOD!  Her castle is decorated beautifully...you feel like you're in the movie!  Belle does not make an appearance (she's at her Papa's house, per our waiter), but the Beast does!  
Robbie and I agreed that the food here was even better than we had at Le Cellier, and much more affordable.  (Know that I use that term so loosely...Disney is just not a cheap place!)
Here are the few pictures I got at our fun dinner.  The girls were great about changing in to their princess dresses (could it be because they were DRY?!), and Robert was fine with being sopping wet.
Our day was not at all what I expected it to be.  Bob and Mary did not even come to the park that day because of the yucky weather.  Sweet Robbie definitely stepped up to the plate, making sure that the kids still had a *magical* day!

Day Five ||Magic Kingdom/O'Hana
Our second day at the Magic Kingdom was SO MUCH BETTER!  After a hot shower and some sleep, I had a better outlook on our trip (I also went to the gift shop and bought better ponchos!).
I knew when the girls were sprinkled with Mickey Mouse confetti as we entered the park, a better day was in store!
Bob and Mary came!!
 Robert finally got to ride a fun ride...Goofy's Barnstormer roller coaster.
He also got to meet two princesses.  The girls did, too, but Robert was the most impressed!

 
 The new Dumbo ride is great!  Making the line a huge indoor playground was genius!
 We left the park early to go eat at our all-time favorite Disney restaurant...O'Hana!  Everything is served family style, the waiters walk around with skewers of delicious meat, and the bread pudding at the end is yum!  All of this while the kids play games, learn to hula, and run around the restaurant.  Perfection.
Except that while I was trying to photograph said 'perfection,' I over-torqued the lense on our camera and snapped it.  UGH!  So, here's the best picture of the night...Grandmama, Granddaddy, and Robert on the monorail.
 
Oh well.  Still a fun day with full bellies!

No comments:

 
Images by Freepik