Pages

1.16.2014

October: The Month With No Camera

The low-points of our Disney trip were:
I broke the lens to our good camera (i.e. the camera that my brother is 'loaning' us).
Robert got mad that the girls and I left one morning for breakfast, so he threw the iPad.  It still works, but the screen is broken into tiny shreds of glass.  Nothing a Dollar Tree screen protector can't fix.
The retirement of the John-John.  Let's not rehash that one.  Too sad.
Because of the broken lens, I didn't take lots of pictures in October, except with my phone.  So, here they are.  Lots of them.  Remember that this blog is for our memories, so you may want to scroll quickly! ;)
 I got to go to the reCreate Women's Conference at church!!  Thanks, Robbie! xo
 Ellie cheered!
The girls' school had a fun night where the teachers all dressed as their favorite book characters.  It was also the opening night of their book fair.  Smart!
 
 
 
 Robert found chocolate icing.  Thankfully not  poop.
 MC and her BFF Audrey at Robert's open house.
Ellie had to decorate a pumpkin like a book character.  She was an over-achiever and chose a character that changes roles.  So her's was a two-sided pumpkin.
 I moved the desk from the girls' room to our dining room, with mixed reviews.  I also repainted the chair and made a cushion for it.  The colors make me happy, and now Ellie has a quieter place to do homework.  (And the desk isn't collecting junk in their bedroom!)
 We took the Drew girls and our kids to the pumpkin patch.  The pictures show how much fun our girls have together.  Love them!!
 
 
 
 The girls dressed up as hippies one day for Red Ribbon Week at school.
 Robert dressed up as a big boy!
 Another day was Team Spirit Day.  Any chance to wear those cheerleader uniforms!!
 The other Red Ribbon Week day was to dress up as your favorite book character.  A sweet mom from MC's class said that her little boy was going to be Bumblebee Boy and she wondered if MC would be Ladybug Girl.  OF COURSE!!  I attempted to paint a pair of rainboots for the costume... (they looked great, but by the end of the day the green was showing through the chipping paint.  Oh well!)
 Can't stand the cuteness!!

Butterfly Girl was there, too!
 My Ellie was sick that day, but she mustered up enough energy to trick-or-treat that night.
 And she was happy she did because we got to visit the Duck Dynasty graveyard in our neighborhood.  WOW!
 She really was feeling a bit better by the end of the night.  At least better enough to enjoy some candy. :)

I know this post was fast and furious, but to catch up to the present, I've got to keep this pace!!
Next up is November!

1 comment:

Teresa D. said...

What happened to the Disney tips blog? Did I miss it?

 
Images by Freepik